Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
5+ years of relevant coding experience
Playstudios is responsible for building real-time MMO (massively multiplayer online) games, played by millions of users across the world, with new features released on a daily basis.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Platform domain and play a key role in our growth while taking ownership of the platform’s backend discipline across multi apps.
We believe in clean architecture and implementations that plan ahead and see the big picture (product-wise and technology-wise), we encourage learning (and failing) and sharing, and we deeply believe in taking responsibility and ownership of our projects.
In this role, you will develop core capabilities of the backend platform as well as the platform’s BE framework on which our micro-services ecosystem is built. Additionally, you'll manage the roadmap of the domain’s backend, execute full software development lifecycle of new components and business features, build high-scale cloud-based real-time systems in the multiplayer world, and develop microservice-based distributed systems, both from scratch and by decomposing legacy components.
Am I eligible to apply?
Below are non-negotiable requirements for the position
- 5+ years of relevant coding experience
- Strong JAVA programming skills
- Strong design & architecture skills
- Experience with Spring framework (Spring, Spring Boot, etc.)
- BSc in computer science or equivalent practical experience
Hybrid skills needed
Do you have the right skill set for this job?
- A critical thinker
- Development Skills (Java)
- Knowledge of code languages
- Strategic capabilities
- Design & Architecture skills
A day in the life of a Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
- Kickoff:Grab a coffee and breakfast then organize your tasks for the day before the daily sync with the team
- Morning:Get started on the tasks due in the current sprint, and collaborate with relevant teammates such as Client Engine, DevOps, and Data to get them done
- Lunchtime:Enjoy time away from your computer eating a delicious lunch provided by our onsite chef!
- Afternoon:Deploy to production the brand new component you've been working on, and monitor for stability and effectiveness
- Until evening:Wind down and join some colleagues for an end-of-day coffee at the Shaker Bar on premise