Experienced Game Developer
3+ years experience required
Are you our next talent?
As an Experienced Game Developer, you’ll be in charge of developing new & innovative games! You’ll be working with animators, game designers, and PMs to ensure the products are of the highest quality. Your expertise in architecture, attention to detail, agility, communication and collaborative spirit, will help you deliver the hottest new games for millions of users globally
Am I eligible to apply?
Below are non-negotiable requirements for the position
- 3+ years professional experience working with game development
- Experience building and debugging complex systems
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Pixel level detail oriented
Hybrid skills needed
Do you have the right skill set for this job?
- Software Architecture savvy
- UX and design minded
- Communication skills
- Autodidact skills
- Passion for code
- Attention to detail
A day in the life of a Game Developer
- KickoffEnjoy a catered breakfast and freshly brewed coffee before a daily sync with your Diamond Team regarding ongoing game development
- Late Morning:Conduct a fast-iteration session with game animators to implement feature requirements
- Lunch:Enjoy a healthy catered lunch with colleagues in our sunny courtyard
- Afternoon:Work on your code for a new game project, and help a fellow Playmaker in need
- Until evening:Review design implementation from yesterday, find all the visual glitches and bugs
- Late nights:Occasionally, join a call or meeting to discuss urgent production related issues
In a nutshell
Playstudios is a visionary social gaming company that brings millions of people together to play, meet, and interact. Our people are hard working, heavy on technology, mad about data, and in love with art. We're warm and friendly - family more than colleagues!
- name Playstudios Tel-Aviv
- sector Entertainment Gaming
- product Social multiplayer gaming app: Pop! Slots
- biz model B2C
- funds Publicly Traded on NASDAQ
- where Florentin Quarter, Tel Aviv
- employees 150
- gender balance
- parents 20%
To preserve our 'everyone makes an impact' early days culture, Playstudios created the unique Diamonds Teams structure. The studio is split into small, multi-disciplinary, highly independent micro-studios operating autonomously.
- 2010The company begins as an Israeli startup with the vision of bringing people together online
- March 2011Its initial product SHAKER - a virtual bar on Facebook - takes the young Israeli audience by storm
- Sep 2011SHAKER wins the world's leading startup competition, TechCrunch Disrupt, and raises $20M from venture funds and large entertainment businesses
- 2012The Shaker platform hosts a huge variety of meet-ups and large scale events. NBA fans, music lovers, job seekers, peacemakers and millions more come together to enjoy the ultimate social experience offered on the web at the time
- 2013THE PIVOT! The mass transition to mobile triggers a biz model shift. The company sets its new course to become a social, multiplayer, mobile gaming platform
- 2014The company develops its first game 'Casa Casino' allowing players to play with others as they aspire to become virtual billionaires
- 2015The company starts collaborating with Playstudios, a successful American startup with access to large entertainment brands such as MGM and Universal. Together, they set out to build the ultimate social casino experience
- 2016‘POP! Slots’ is launched and becomes an overnight hit. Shaker is acquired by Playstudios, becoming Playstudios Tel-Aviv!
- 2017-18POP! Slots numbers grow rapidly taking center stage on Playstudios's portfolio
- 2019Our Diamond architecture is implemented, breaking the studio into autonomous, high-performance teams operating independently and developing their own games
- March 2020As the pandemic hits, IN becomes the new OUT. POP! is more alive than ever, connecting millions of people choosing to hang out in virus-free virtual rooms
- Right nowYou decide to join us!
Real Life Experience
- Sidi's nickname was Mitch Petel after Mitch from Bay Watch; the sea was his home. He once performed a boat jump when he went out to rescue two girls who were being swept away, before he even had a boat license!
- He participated in the Kitesurfing World Championships in Belgium and Austria
- When he arrived in Venezuela with his friends in his early 20's, they got into an exclusive taxi and were robbed at gunpoint by the driver! When Sidi rang to tell his Mom, she said: That's exactly what I feared would happen so now I can calm down. He learned there's no better way to reduce stress than by living the stressful scenario itself
- Sidi is addicted to the Marvel Contest of Champions game! His profile is DubiElConqueror, in case you want to challenge him
- As a physics student, Sidi managed to get the underwhelming grade 3/100 in a final exam. He took the exam again and got a whopping 18 out of 100. Needless to say he had to repeat the course. In his second year he managed a 45 out of 100. Despite everything, he has a degree in physics
Personal Career Timeline
- 2004-07Sidi surfs between the laguna Tel Aviv University to complete his B.Sc in Physics
- 2007-08Becomes a FLEX developer at Knocka.tv, kitesurfing to the horizon on weekends
- 2008-12His boat is moored at Starnet Interactive as a Flash and Flex developer
- 2012-13Becomes a Flash developer at Shaker!
- 2013-16Moves on to Mobile Application Developer at Shaker!
- 2016-PresentOnce Shaker was sold to Playstudios, he became Head of Client Development at Playstudios and remains there to this day
Real Life Experience
- When Eliad was a teenager, he drove his off-road motorcycle to school one day carrying a pizza delivery that his mother had made for the whole class! This did not improve his grades
- His mother has remained consistent, often coming to the office with pots of Tunisian food, adding joy & flavor to the lives of many
- Eliad's favorite game is Dune 2, where he got to play the same role as he did in real life: a commander in the army
- Eliad's wife is a gamer like him. They love playing Pubg, a war game in Battle Royal. Somehow they managed to raise a daughter who really likes to study
- The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Eliad's son is also mostly interested in video games and monitors. They have the same taste in shirts and wear matching Superhero ones when they can
Personal Career Timeline
- 2004-08Eliad completes his B.Sc in Computer Science at Ben Gurion University
- 2007-10Works as a software engineer at Allot Communications
- 2010-11Becomes a Flash software engineer at Artivision Technologies
- 2011-12Hired as an API Team Leader at Gameground
- 2012-13Decides to go back to Flash development in a different company - Colovision
- 2013-14Becomes a Mobile Application developer at Colovision
- 2014-16Moves up to Senior Cross-Platform Developer at Gingee
- 2016-PresentHaving been snatched up by Playstudios as a Software Engineer for the Client team, he creates the hottest mobile games in the world!
It's Show Time
Picture this - it's your final move on a live game show. All cameras are on you and your team is counting on you to win. Your palms are sweaty and your heart is pounding… Now imagine your job is to create this moment for our customers.
All you can Tech
Anyone with a passion for tech can find a new challenge - from real-time servers operating at scale, to sophisticated algorithms controlling game logic, and proprietary 3D engines stretching the mobile hardware boundaries.
Data is Our Thing
How do you make sense of tens of billions of data points collected daily? Join a team of engineers, scientists, business analysts and math designers collaborating to shed light on the company's most strategic decisions.
State of the Art
The creative standard at Playstudios is truly world-class. You'll have the opportunity to work with top talent from around the globe to perfect your skills and to express yourself on the mobile canvas.
Growth & Marketing
With access to powerful networks relationships, talented artists by your side, and scientific models to back your gut feelings, you’ll learn from the industry experts how to turn marketing into an (almost) predictable science.
Playstudios Got talent
This hilarious competition is one of the company's favorite nights. The Playstudians get a chance to display their hidden talents: dancing, singing or stand up comedy. LNRD's advice: don't quit your day job :)
Vegas Annual Extravaganza
Playstudios specialize in recreating the app's Vegas 'bigger than life' entertainment experience into real life. Once a year (pandemic permitting) the company travels to Vegas, celebrating their achievements and enjoying the real thing.
Playstudios likes to celebrate its inspirational members and does so by choosing someone to honour with the prestigious Lifetime Award. Big honor for big talents!
Alongside many local philanthropic initiatives like 'Make a Wish', we've set up a $2M fund to support COVID-19 victims globally. While working via Zoom remotely, the office was instead used as a local NGO’s food-aid packing center.
Playstudios people sure like to gather. Throughout the year, Playstudios lays on outdoor trips for families and their kids, plus provides activities inside the office too. Come one, come all!
Playstudios offices occupy a single storey building covered with green foliage, hidden in the streets of Florentin neighborhood. Private parking is available, as well as a protected bike cage with charging stations.
The office architecture celebrates a love of art with an uncompromising attention to detail. The use of natural materials and clean, simple design quiets the mind, whilst the original art feeds the soul.
The office is built around a stunning courtyard. Work with your feet on the ground soaking up some vitamin D, or enjoy the shade and protection of the decades old tree. Turn off your noise cancellation to hear the birds.
Yes to Dogs
Dogs are welcome in the office and are provided with the best facilities a Tel-Avivian dog can dream of. Sun, playmates, and a special treat... doggy sitter to walk and feed them. It's a dog's life!
Playstudios' convention hall hosts a variety of inspirational industry events and meetups which all Playstudians get to enjoy.
The 'Shaker Bar' is a monumental homage and an exact replica of the virtual bar that started the company. Located in the heart of the office, it brings people together for coffee and the occasional Happy Hour
Barista, say what?!
Wake up and smell the coffee! You'll be welcomed by Anton, an award-winning barista, who will make your signature coffee (which he remembers by heart for all 150 employees!).
Led by their own talented chef and lovely kitchen staff, Playstudios serves wholesome and nourishing food for breakfast and lunch. The menu changes daily, bringing fresh ingredients, homemade baked goodies and treats into your daily routine. Between the rich salad bar, daily specials, and the fish and meat choices, everyone can find a suitable option.
Tuesday nights are special at Playstudios, all teams work a bit later and stay for dinner. The kitchen prepares a surprise themed dinner, matching the food style to the drinks and music
Whether you're on a paleo, vegan or gluten free diet, the kitchen will go out of its way to accommodate all needs and allergies
Pilates, Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga classes are offered weekly to balance the mind and the body
Join the Playstudios' running team to train weekly for the Tel-Aviv marathon
Got Your Back
All workstations are equipped with Humanscale award-winning ergonomic chairs, height adjustable standing desks and 32" curved screens to reduce eye strain
Conscious of our impact on the planet, Playstudios has a minimum waste policy. We use personal water bottles and biodegradable products
Along with the health and fitness activities, Playstudios provide annual hospital checkups for those over 35, an optional flu vaccine service before winter and subsidised alternative health services inside the office
Why is psychological safety important?
Recent studies back how teams with high Psychological safety and companies with a trusting workplace perform better. Psychological safety isn’t about being nice. It’s about a belief that people won't be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes; giving candid feedback, openly admitting mistakes, and learning from each other. Basically, allowing people to be their authentic selves. Check out the team's psychological safety at Playstudios as a guide on how you would feel working in this environment.