2+ years experience required
Are you our next talent?
As a Data Scientist, you will be at the forefront of all analytics efforts within your ‘Diamond’ (autonomous interdisciplinary team), leading the deep research required to answer pressing business questions. Battling intuitive bias will be down to you and making sure that business decisions are based on actual data. If you thrive building tools such as churn models, revenue forecastings, user behavior analyses and predictions, simulations, pricing models and more, this role could be a great fit for you.
Am I eligible to apply?
Below are non-negotiable requirements for the position
- 2+ years Hands-on industry experience in data science
- M.Sc in relevant fields (statistics, data science, etc..)
Hybrid skills needed
Do you have the right skill set for this job?
- Machine learning
- Business acumen
- Experimental design
- Service oriented
- Communication skills
- Leadership persona
A day in the life of a Data Scientist
- KickoffRelax with a catered breakfast and freshly brewed coffee before your daily sync with the Diamond team to go through the dashboards and check everything is in order
- Late Morning:Support the needs of your team! Someone requested an analysis of a phenomenon within the Diamond’s business domain
- Lunch:Enjoy a healthy catered lunch with colleagues relaxing in the shaded courtyard
- Afternoon:Present to your Diamond an analysis you've been working on explaining the performance of a new game
- Until evening:You're in the research phase of developing a predictive analytics model. get your head down and work on it during your stellar hours
- Late nights:Occasionally, hop on a call or hold a production meeting
In a nutshell
Playstudios is a visionary social gaming company that brings millions of people together to play, meet, and interact. Our people are hard working, heavy on technology, mad about data, and in love with art. We're warm and friendly - family more than colleagues!
- name Playstudios Tel-Aviv
- sector Entertainment Gaming
- product Social multiplayer gaming app: Pop! Slots
- biz model B2C
- funds Independent Private Company
- where Florentin Quarter, Tel Aviv
- employees 150
- average age 33
- gender balance
- parents 20%
To preserve our 'everyone makes an impact' early days culture, Playstudios created the unique Diamonds Teams structure. The studio is split into small, multi-disciplinary, highly independent micro-studios operating autonomously.
- 2010The company begins as an Israeli startup with the vision of bringing people together online
- March 2011Its initial product SHAKER - a virtual bar on Facebook - takes the young Israeli audience by storm
- Sep 2011SHAKER wins the world's leading startup competition, TechCrunch Disrupt, and raises $20M from venture funds and large entertainment businesses
- 2012The Shaker platform hosts a huge variety of meet-ups and large scale events. NBA fans, music lovers, job seekers, peacemakers and millions more come together to enjoy the ultimate social experience offered on the web at the time
- 2013THE PIVOT! The mass transition to mobile triggers a biz model shift. The company sets its new course to become a social, multiplayer, mobile gaming platform
- 2014The company develops its first game 'Casa Casino' allowing players to play with others as they aspire to become virtual billionaires
- 2015The company starts collaborating with Playstudios, a successful American startup with access to large entertainment brands such as MGM and Universal. Together, they set out to build the ultimate social casino experience
- 2016‘POP! Slots’ is launched and becomes an overnight hit. Shaker is acquired by Playstudios, becoming Playstudios Tel-Aviv!
- 2017-18POP! Slots numbers grow rapidly taking center stage on Playstudios's portfolio
- 2019Our Diamond architecture is implemented, breaking the studio into autonomous, high-performance teams operating independently and developing their own games
- March 2020As the pandemic hits, IN becomes the new OUT. POP! is more alive than ever, connecting millions of people choosing to hang out in virus-free virtual rooms
- Right nowYou decide to join us!
Real Life Experience
- At the age of 27, Eyal broke his nose and realized how easy it was to break but how hard it was to fix
- Eyal really likes to eat and travel. The same goes for his dog Bono, who taught him that ego is an idiotic feature
- Nicknamed Professor Giggle, in the army he missed a cannon target and went to jail
- After receiving 62 in a test, repeating it and getting the same 62 again, he realized that sometimes the result will not necessarily show the investment
- Eyal thought he would be a basketball player. Until he stopped growing at 1.80 meters
Personal Career Timeline
- 2009Graduated in Industrial Management from Tel Aviv University
- 2009-11Claims to have left a mark at 'Pelephone' as a Data Analyst and Project Manager
- 2012Shaker captures him as a Product Analyst!
- 2013Storemaven takes him as hostage, he becomes their data analyst whilst he still works at Shaker
- 2016Shaker is sold to PlayStudios, Eyal becomes the head of Data Team
- 2019Eyal grows the data science team of Playstudios to 13 people!
- 2020Eyal founds The Data Academy Initiative: an educational program training SQL and data analysis to non-engineer personnel
Real Life Experience
- Michael claims to be an unlucky gamer but makes sure he regularly plays poker tournaments
- Michael decided to become the best pizza deliveryman in Holon. He could map the city with his eyes closed and customers knew it was him thanks to his motorcycle rattle noise
- Michael claims he knows how to cook. It's just that his wife, Reut, hasn't let him near the kitchen ever since the episode with the omelette
- At university, Michael realized that if he invested enough he could get what he wanted. Since then, he's not been afraid to take on big projects like running a half marathon
Personal Career Timeline
- 2010Completes military service with honors
- 2015Receives his industrial and management diploma from Ben Gurion University after ranking 8th out of 202 of the highest scores. Lands in Kiryat Gat as a Statistician to monitor the chip manufacturing process at Intel
- 2016Develops visualization systems as a Data Analyst at Go Health Care at Rehovot Science Park
- 2017Completes his Masters in Statistics at Tel Aviv University, with a souvenir of a 95% average
- 2018Arrives at PlayStudios to lead the UA's exponential growth
- 2019Joins the Marketing Diamond and leads as Growth Data Scientist
It's Show Time
Picture this - it's your final move on a live game show. All cameras are on you and your team is counting on you to win. Your palms are sweaty and your heart is pounding… Now imagine your job is to create this moment for our customers.
All you can Tech
Anyone with a passion for tech can find a new challenge - from real-time servers operating at scale, to sophisticated algorithms controlling game logic, and proprietary 3D engines stretching the mobile hardware boundaries.
Data is Our Thing
How do you make sense of tens of billions of data points collected daily? Join a team of engineers, scientists, business analysts and math designers collaborating to shed light on the company's most strategic decisions.
State of the Art
The creative standard at Playstudios is truly world-class. You'll have the opportunity to work with top talent from around the globe to perfect your skills and to express yourself on the mobile canvas.
Growth & Marketing
With access to powerful networks relationships, talented artists by your side, and scientific models to back your gut feelings, you’ll learn from the industry experts how to turn marketing into an (almost) predictable science.
Playstudios Got talent
This hilarious competition is one of the company's favorite nights. The Playstudians get a chance to display their hidden talents: dancing, singing or stand up comedy. LNRD's advice: don't quit your day job :)
Vegas Annual Extravaganza
Playstudios specialize in recreating the app's Vegas 'bigger than life' entertainment experience into real life. Once a year (pandemic permitting) the company travels to Vegas, celebrating their achievements and enjoying the real thing.
Playstudios likes to celebrate its inspirational members and does so by choosing someone to honour with the prestigious Lifetime Award. Big honor for big talents!
Alongside many local philanthropic initiatives like 'Make a Wish', we've set up a $2M fund to support COVID-19 victims globally. While working via Zoom remotely, the office was instead used as a local NGO’s food-aid packing center.
Playstudios people sure like to gather. Throughout the year, Playstudios lays on outdoor trips for families and their kids, plus provides activities inside the office too. Come one, come all!
Playstudios offices occupy a single storey building covered with green foliage, hidden in the streets of Florentin neighborhood. Private parking is available, as well as a protected bike cage with charging stations.
The office architecture celebrates a love of art with an uncompromising attention to detail. The use of natural materials and clean, simple design quiets the mind, whilst the original art feeds the soul.
The office is built around a stunning courtyard. Work with your feet on the ground soaking up some vitamin D, or enjoy the shade and protection of the decades old tree. Turn off your noise cancellation to hear the birds.
Yes to Dogs
Dogs are welcome in the office and are provided with the best facilities a Tel-Avivian dog can dream of. Sun, playmates, and a special treat... doggy sitter to walk and feed them. It's a dog's life!
Playstudios' convention hall hosts a variety of inspirational industry events and meetups which all Playstudians get to enjoy.
The 'Shaker Bar' is a monumental homage and an exact replica of the virtual bar that started the company. Located in the heart of the office, it brings people together for coffee and the occasional Happy Hour
Barista, say what?!
Wake up and smell the coffee! You'll be welcomed by Anton, an award-winning barista, who will make your signature coffee (which he remembers by heart for all 150 employees!).
Led by their own talented chef and lovely kitchen staff, Playstudios serves wholesome and nourishing food for breakfast and lunch. The menu changes daily, bringing fresh ingredients, homemade baked goodies and treats into your daily routine. Between the rich salad bar, daily specials, and the fish and meat choices, everyone can find a suitable option.
Tuesday nights are special at Playstudios, all teams work a bit later and stay for dinner. The kitchen prepares a surprise themed dinner, matching the food style to the drinks and music
Whether you're on a paleo, vegan or gluten free diet, the kitchen will go out of its way to accommodate all needs and allergies
Pilates, Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga classes are offered weekly to balance the mind and the body
Join the Playstudios' running team to train weekly for the Tel-Aviv marathon
Got Your Back
All workstations are equipped with Humanscale award-winning ergonomic chairs, height adjustable standing desks and 32" curved screens to reduce eye strain
Conscious of our impact on the planet, Playstudios has a minimum waste policy. We use personal water bottles and biodegradable products
Along with the health and fitness activities, Playstudios provide annual hospital checkups for those over 35, an optional flu vaccine service before winter and subsidised alternative health services inside the office
Why is psychological safety important?
Recent studies back how teams with high Psychological safety and companies with a trusting workplace perform better. Psychological safety isn’t about being nice. It’s about a belief that people won't be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes; giving candid feedback, openly admitting mistakes, and learning from each other. Basically, allowing people to be their authentic selves. Check out the team's psychological safety at Playstudios as a guide on how you would feel working in this environment.